The National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment in Egyptian universities
- The Supreme Council of Universities issued a decision in 15-12-2014 to assign Prof. Dr. Tarif Shawki the Vice President of Beni Suef University for Graduate Studies and Research to lead work committee to establish the National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment inside Egyptian universities as a new affiliate of the Supreme Council of Universities.
- The committee was composed of a number of specialists from the Electronic and Knowledge Service Center of the Supreme Council of Universities, in addition to one professor from every Egyptian university as a representative in the Bank.
- The National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment inside Egyptian universities was created with the following goals:
- Create a database for existing scientific laboratories and equipment inside the Egyptian universities.
- Allow researchers in the Egyptian universities to use available equipment and devices.
- Optimal use of scientific equipment through technical training for lab technicians and specialists.
- Rationalize procurement and prevent duplication.
- Promote the work of research teams.
- Establish central maintenance centers and prepare necessary staff.
- Future expansion to include various Egyptian research centers.
- The bank was provided with the data of existing laboratories and equipment in Alexandria University. Prof. Taha Ibrahim Zaghloul held many workshops to introduce the Bank and to explain its objectives and work method.
- The Bank created a website on the internet www.nrl.eg with browsing and search feature for equipment and its characteristics, location and the faculty member responsible for the laboratory where it exists.
- The Supreme Council of Universities in 28-02-2015 approved the establishment of a special unit in all universities under the name of Scientific Laboratories and Equipment that will be the link between the Bank and the Egyptian universities.
- The Bank regulation was prepared so that to contribute significantly to the service of all researchers and postgraduate students in the Egyptian universities.
For more information, please contact:
Prof. Taha Ibrahim Zaghloul, the Unit Director
- The Institute of Graduate Studies and Research, 163 Horria rd. El Shatby - Alexandria
- Telephone 0106-4255-327
- You can also visit the web site of the National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment via www.nrl.eg