High Institute of Public Health, Alexandria University (HIPH), was founded in 1956 by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to overcome the observed deficiency in postgraduate education and training in the field of public health. The main purpose of the Institute was to supply the health care system in Egypt and other countries of the region with individuals who have sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out health development process effectively and efficiently.
In 1963 the affiliation of the Institute was transferred to Alexandria University to become the first postgraduate institute specialized in public health in the Eastern Mediterranean Region. The Institute received strong support from the Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHOIEMRO). Since that time, the relationship between HIPH and WHO has advanced significantly in many fields including degree education, and non degree-education, technical consultation and research.
Vital Statistics Department
Department of Parasitology and Medical Entomology
Department of Tropical Health
65 St., Al-Horeya Road, Alexandria, Egypt
Phone: (+203) 4285575 - 6
Fax: (+203) 4288436