Professor Dr. Abdelaziz Konsowa, President of Alexandria University, congratulated the political leadership and the great Egyptians on the occasion of the Police National Day and the 25th of January Revolution Memorial Day at the beginning of the University Council meeting held on Wednesday, the 25th of January, 2023. He thanked the deans, vice-deans, members of the teaching staff and the supporting staff of all the university faculties, the Secretary General of the University and the university’s administrative staff for the full discipline in organizing the first semester final examinations for the academic year 2022/2023 and its optimal completion.
The university president directed to quickly complete the control and exam grading work to announce the results to students, and to complete all preparations for the start of the second semester on the 11th of February. He also gave directions to take care of applying preventive precautionary measures, to prepare sufficient quantities of the necessary sterilization materials, to disinfect all halls, roads, offices and entrances, in order to ensure the safety of all members of the academic community, and also to complete all maintenance work during the mid-year vacation.
• The university president thanked the deans for the quick response to the university's request to select assistants for the deans, pointing out that the university will prepare a package of training courses in the administrative, legal, and financial aspects, within the framework of preparing a young generation qualified to lead the university in the future.
• The Council approved the establishment of a professional master's program in health professions education.
• The Council approved the establishment of a professional diploma program in preventive medicine for diseases of the liver and digestive system at the Medical Research Institute.
• The Council agreed to form a committee to prepare agreements with the global educational platform Coursera and other prestigious international bodies, so that the courses of these platforms beecome available to students and faculty members at the university, with the aim of developing their skills by enrolling in any of the courses available on these platforms, and obtaining an electronic certificate accredited by the international universities offering these courses.
• The Council agreed to allocate (250) scholarships for students and researchers applying in the postgraduate program at the Faculty of Education, with a 50% reduction on credit hours fees for the Spring 2023 semester of the academic year 2022/2023.
• The Council approved the allocation of (25) scholarships for students applying to enroll in master's and doctoral degrees at the Faculty of Early Childhood Education, with a 50% reduction on credit hours fees for the Spring 2023 semester of the academic year 2022/2023.
• The Council approved the partnership agreement with the Francophone University Agency (AUF), the memorandum of understanding between Alexandria University of and the G. D’Annunzio University of Chieti in Pescara, Italy, the memorandum of understanding between Alexandria University (Faculty of Agriculture) and the Ural Federal University in Russia, the cooperation agreement between Alexandria University (Faculty of Tourism and Hotels) and the University of Dodoma in Tanzania, the cooperation agreement Between the University of Alexandria and the Egyptian National Committee for Education, Science and Culture regarding the establishment of the UNESCO Chair in Child Education and Culture at Alexandria University, and the memorandum of understanding between the University of Alexandria and the University of Derna - Libya.
• The council approved the promotion of 19 faculty members, 10 to the position of professor, 9 to the position of associate professor, the appointment of 17 lecturers, and the granting of 47 doctoral degrees and 74 master's degrees in various scientific disciplines.