Professor Dr. Abdelaziz Konsowa, President of Alexandria University, praised during the University Council meeting today, Tuesday the 29th of November, the distinguished efforts made by Egypt during the activities of the huge global event of the 27th session of Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP27) in the city of Sharm El-Sheikh, on the technical and organizational levels, in the presence of nearly 120 heads of state and government who participated in the summit.
. The president of the university reviewed the meetings that took place on the side-lines of the conference, including the meeting with Dr. Renaud Muselier, President of the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region, Professor Dr. Mohamed Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education, Dr. Konsowa and some presidents of public universities, with the aim of discussing strengthening cooperation with the universities of the French region. He also reviewed other meetings with many officials of universities and international institutions in the blue and green regions to discuss mechanisms for strengthening and supporting ways of cooperation with them. He emphasized the participation of Alexandria University in several events at both the local and international levels during the year chaired by Egypt after the COP27 Climate Summit, to direct efforts and pledges to preserve the planet from the dangers of negative and dangerous repercussions of climate change until the handover of the presidency in COP28 to the sister country of the Emirates.
• The university president also reviewed the results of Alexandria University's participation in the meetings of the 14th General Assembly of the Conference of Rectors in the Middle East Region (CONFREMO), organized by the Francophone University Agency in the Middle East (L'Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie - AUF) in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, on the 17th and 18th of November. President of Alexandria University and Regional Director of the Francophone University Agency discussed the agency's support mechanisms for the branch of Alexandria University in N’Djamena - Chad to have an enlightening and developmental role and a gateway to attract Francophone students in Central Africa, explaining that the university will prepare a memorandum of requirements to be sent to the Francophone Agency.
• The Council approved the establishment of a bachelor’s degree in Oral and Dental Medicine with the credit hours system as a joint degree with the College of Dentistry, University of Manchester, with the application of the international program regulations for credit hours.
• The Council agreed to update the list (JCR2020 (SC1E and SSCI) currently approved by the Council of Alexandria University, which contains 12,324 journals distributed over 236 majors, with the list (JCR 2021 (SCIE, SSCI, and AHCI), which contains 13,785 journals distributed over 264 majors, which was recently issued, for the benefit of researchers, to be implemented as of January 1, 2023.
• The Council approved a proposal for a virtual exchange project of Alexandria University students and their counterparts at Georgia State University in the framework of teaching a course in the field of international business administration at the Faculty of Commerce.
• The Council also approved the Memorandum of Understanding between the University of Alexandria and the University of Banja Luka-Sarajevo, the cooperation agreement between Alexandria University, the Centre for Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language for the CLS Spark Program and the American Council for International Education, and Appendixes No. (1) and (2) of the Framework Agreement for International Cooperation between Alexandria University and the University of Caen-Normandy in France, a memorandum of understanding between the Department of Geology, Faculty of Science and the Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Benghazi, a protocol of cooperation between the Higher Institute of Public Health and the Association of Healthy Hearts, a memorandum of cooperation between the Regional Centre for Remote Sensing for North African Countries )CRTEAN( and the University of Alexandria, and a memorandum of cooperation between King Abdulaziz University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Alexandria University regarding cooperation in the academic, research, development, training and cultural fields.
• The council approved the donation of 50,000 pounds from East Alexandria Innerwheel Club, to pay the expenses of financially challenged students, the donation from a businessman in Alexandria in the amount of 86,000 pounds for the same purpose, and the donation from the family of the late Professor Fouad Sabry Heikal from the Faculty of Fine Arts, of 139 books with a total value of 14 thousand pounds.
• The council approved the promotion of 23 faculty members, 13 to the position of professor, 10 to the position of associate professor, the appointment of 30 lecturers, and the granting of 93 doctoral degrees and 110 master's degrees in various scientific disciplines.