The Community Service and Environmental Development Council at Alexandria University, headed by Dr. Ashraf El-Ghandour, Vice President of the University, approved today, the 23rd of January 2023, the cooperation protocol to be concluded between the Faculty of Physical Education for Girls and the General Syndicate for Sports Professions to raise the scientific and professional level of members of these professions and qualify cadres in the areas of management and training and specialized sports fields.
• The council agreed to organize a course on methods of cardiopulmonary resuscitation for all university employees, in cooperation with the faculties’ occupational safety and health committees, in early February, to train university employees on ways to deal with cases of fainting and medical resuscitation.
• The council reviewed the report submitted by the Faculty of Tourism and Hotels on its participation in the Future Leaders Challenge project in the United Arab Emirates, and the nomination of students from the faculty to participate in the project for the purpose of developing study programs, training and communication with the industry, and activating academic partnerships with major hotels and tourism institutions.
• The council reviewed the report submitted by the Faculty of Science on its organization of the awareness seminar entitled “How to Deal with the Bubble Sheet”, as well as the report submitted on the awareness seminar entitled Electronic Correction of Multiple Test Examinations in the same faculty.
• The council reviewed the report submitted by the Faculty of Medicine on the organization of the comprehensive medical and community convoy to Bashayer El-Kheir 3 and 5 housing projects last November in cooperation with the Northern Military Zone, the Ministry of Health and various civil society groups. It included several medical specialties and transferred a number of cases that needed special care to university hospitals. During the convoy, 27,846 cases were examined in various specialties.
• The council reviewed the report submitted by the Faculty of Commerce on its charity bazaar last November and the most important services provided during the bazaar.
• The council also reviewed the report submitted by the Faculty of Agriculture on a number of activities organized by the faculty within the framework of the cultural season for the academic year 2022/2023, such as a symposium entitled “What You would like to Know About Ornamental Plants”, as well as an awareness program for the faculty staff in cooperation with the Addiction and Drug Abuse Control Fund of the Ministry of Social Solidarity.
• The Council also reviewed the report submitted by the Higher Institute of Public Health on some activities such as the effectiveness of basic life support (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), the International Day for the Elderly, maternal and child health, and patient safety. In addition, the council reviewed the special report on the tenth international scientific conference of the Higher Institute of Public Health “Alexhealth 2022”, and the report submitted on the graduation ceremony of the Higher Institute of Public Health for the years 2017 to 2022.
• The Council reviewed the report submitted by the Faculty of Nursing on the first scientific meeting of the Department of Elderly Nursing and the effectiveness of people with disability, as well as the report submitted by the Faculty of Early Childhood on the “You are Stronger Than Drugs” initiative, and the activities of the Faculty of Economic Studies and Political Science during the month of December such as a number of workshops, seminars, training courses, charitable bazaars, scout exhibitions, and more.