General Directorate for Public Relations and Media
Alexandria University of Council of Matroh branch held its latest meeting on Thursday 15/02/2018 headed by Dr. Mohamed Ismail, AU Vice President for Matrouh Branch. The Council approved the results of the first semester exams for the academic year 2017/2018 in the faculties of Desert and Environmental Agriculture, Nursing, Kindergartens and Petroleum Sciences.
- The Council discussed the decision of Alexandria University Council regarding the obligation of faculty members and researchers registration in the web site Google Scholar.
- The Council approved the proposed number of students for admission in Matroh faculties in the academic year 2018/2019n with an increase of 20% over last year.
- The Council also agreed to organize the Second Student Conference for Research and Innovation. The Council also agreed to organize the Second Entrepreneurship Forum with a charity market on the sidelines of the forum with the participation of the Water and Sanitation Company and the Ministry of Education to serve the students and the people of the governorate.
- As part of increasing the national awareness of the students, the council agreed to hold a seminar entitled "Homeland means Life" in the second week of March 2018.
- The Council was informed of the approval of the visit of a professor from the Italian University of Pisa Faculty to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine to deliver some lectures within the project Erasmus +.
- The Council also agreed to hold a number of workshops for Kindergarten students in March 2018 and to hold an exhibition to help women heads of households and to open literacy classes in the faculty.
- The Council agreed to hold awareness seminar for the students under the title "Say No to drugs addiction" and methods of prevention and treatment.